29 January 2020

#WIPWednesday

Last week, I was telling a friend about my epic levels of procrastination and writing avoidance (even though I very much want to write). She suggested I get out and do something to give myself inspiration. I don't think this is what she had in mind, but I am happy to have written something new this week.



I was grateful to see Medium's editors curated it to feature in their Mental Health section, as well.

The syndication query I sent last week was rejected, but even that felt like an accomplishment after so many weeks of not submitting anything.

Also this week, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the Google's knowledge panel for tumbling: poetic thoughts from an anxious mind was no longer linking to the wrong author (another by the same name with a large collection of books on being a psychic). I had been sending feedback for several weeks, trying to get our two collections of works untangled. (As an aside, I had a similar issue earlier on in my essay writing career as there is a journalist by the same name who was getting my work linked to her by algorithms). Finally, unexpectedly really, the book's knowledge panel linked to a new, separate author knowledge panel. With that, I was able to try to claim the knowledge panel by going through Google's verification process, which I had read was not an easy task. Again, I was pleasantly surprised when I received notification I was verified and could now suggest edits to my knowledge panel. Hopefully, my suggested edits will be approved and I'll have a comprehensive presence in Google's search results!