18 December 2019

#WIPWednesday

This week I continued working to promote the book. Slow and steady.

As I've been promoting, I've realized how my being so open about my mental health has caused some people to distance themselves. It hurts. But (thanks to therapy) I realize it is not my responsibility to make everyone else comfortable. That is actually a major reoccurring issue we've been working on all year.

I believe in the importance of normalizing the conversation around mental health and I will continue to work for that. I need to be true to myself, my story, and my goals. If some people need space from the topics I discuss – from me – I have to accept that. I can't let myself dwell on the few who grew more distant while ignoring the others who moved in closer. The ones who've reached out to say they can relate, that they appreciate my openness, need to carry at least as much weight as those who've remained silent, if not more.

So, that rumination lead to a new meme.

I also made some new header images for my Facebook page and a silly meme for Friday the 13th, which, to be honest, is more than I expected to get done as we head towards the holidays.