24 July 2019

#WIPWednesday

Travel has been on my mind a lot this week. If you happened to read my recap, you know that our most recent trip wasn't my favorite. Considering our time and financial budgets, it was exceptionally disappointing to be on a vacation that I really just wanted to end.

I've been thinking about the quote I have at the top of our just-for-fun travel blog:



And, while this quote has held a special meaning to me through the years, I realized that it still applied, even to this last trip.

I also realized that, I still have a tremendous passion for travel, even after a not-so-great experience.

So, I spent some time the past few days recapturing the joy of travel. I made some updates to our just-for-fun family travel blog and I also started a just-for-fun Instagram to go along with it.



View this post on Instagram

Hello Instagram! I'm a little late in joining you, but I'm happy to be here now. We are just an ordinary family of five with limited vacation days, a tight budget, a passion for history, an appreciation of nature, and a grand desire to see things as they truly are. This account is a place for us to share all of our travel experiences. We are not professional travel bloggers nor social media influencers – none of our travel is comped. Here you'll find our honest experiences as ordinary travelers. We hope you enjoy following along and perhaps find some inspiration for your own family adventures. You can find our itineraries, reviews, and more information at joycefamilytravels.blogspot.com This pic is of the 5 of us at Muir Woods in California last year. It is one of the few pics you'll see with all of us posing and looking at the camera (though, admittedly, it is so far and we are so small, you can hardly see us). I don't share many pics of the kids faces. And, when I do, everyone in the picture needs to approve it to be publically posted. So, since that doesn't happen often, this seemed like my best option for a profile pic. #newaccount #newprofilepic #joycefamilytravels #hiking #muirwoods #california #familytravel
A post shared by Joyce Family Travels (@joycefamilytravels) on

I did do some writerly things this week, as well.

I submitted another syndication query. I received another rejection. But I also received an acceptance.

I have my first piece up at Reality Moms and was excited to add another contributor badge to my collection.