12 February 2020

#WIPWednesday

I had a brief moment of panic as I looked at the lined notepad I keep on the side table near my laptop. I use it to track my new work each quarter so that I can easily compile my quarterly newsletter every few months. The panic was in realizing I have just a few weeks until the next newsletter will go out and I only had a couple syndications from late December and one new essay, so far.

The moment passed pretty quickly as I reminded myself that'd I'd focused heavily on promoting my book, and that I had no quota to meet for the newsletter. Still, guilt and shame started to creep in over the lack of new writing I've produced lately.

Unfortunately, panic, guilt, and shame are not great motivators to write more. I still didn't write anything new this week.

However, I did submit a couple more pieces to be considered for syndication. They were both accepted and I am happy to have those up on Love What MattersThe Mighty, and Yahoo! Lifestyle, now.

I also had a piece originally self-published on Medium, added to a new publication: Hello, Love.

I also completed my registration and submitted my poem for my local library's Poetry and Art Night in April.

And, I received word that At Death's Door, Pixie Forest Publishing's anthology which includes my short story, "If Only," will be released on the 18th!