10 July 2016

Surprise Inspiration

I submitted my second article tonight, but it was not what I had planned to submit next!

The article that I first tried to submit on June 8th -- only to realize the submissions had just closed -- and that I tried to resubmit on July 1st -- only to still receive the same message about submissions being closed -- I have not yet tried to resubmit again. As I said before, I am actually a little nervous about that article. The truth is, it is a subject that brings up what I consider to be one of my failings as a mother. Though I know that I am not alone, and I believe it will be relatable to many moms, it still is a subject I am a tad apprehensive about sharing so publicly. The fact that I have had made two attempts to submit that have rebounded, has only added to my apprehension. Still, I do believe I will try to resubmit, one more time.

In the meantime, I had inspiration strike tonight and whipped up a quick, light-hearted "Three Reasons..," post and sent it right off. It is a current, trending topic and their site does say that those sorts of subjects are usually handled by staff writers, but I gave it a shot anyway. In a week or less, I will know if they want to publish it.

While I am here, I'll just take a second to update that my first published piece is now at 27.1K total Facebook reactions according to the Scary Mommy website!