18 July 2016

Fresh Out Of Ideas

Well, as I expected, the piece I submitted on a whim about a trending topic was not accepted. In fact, the very next day they had published an article on the very subject by one of their staff writers (and it was way better than mine).

As for the article I have been apprehensive about submitting, I tried to submit it again and had a weird thing happen with the email. I believed it went through but now I am not certain since I never got the automatically generated reply they usually send when the receive a submission. Either way, that was my third attempt to submit it and I will not try again. It seems clear that this is not meant to be! I honestly thought this article was better than my first but the subject matter made me feel vulnerable. Whether it never got through or it did and was rejected, it seems that maybe it is for the best that it will not be published.

My first article is still being shared and read! It is now at 40.9K total Facebook reactions according to the Scary Mommy website! 

For now, I have nothing more I want to share so publicly. I am all out of ideas for that platform -- for now. I am sure inspiration will strike again and $100 is a lovely incentive to give it a try. In the meantime, I have plenty to catch up on for my blogs.