18 March 2020

#WIPWednesday

I've spent weeks funneling my frustrations over the dismissing and downplaying of the novel coronavirus into writing.



This week, I did finish the essay I mentioned having a first draft of last week, and I am pleased to say it was published on Invisible Illness (a Medium publication) and curated in the Mental Health topic. I also submitted my previous piece for syndication and am awaiting a response.

But, as I also mentioned last week, my frustrations have now subsided into resignedness.



I no longer want to funnel my energy towards trying to get people to listen to the experts and understand the threat.

We are staying home in a social distancing quarantine. My kids have started e-learning through our school district. In the coming weeks and months, life is going to look and feel very different. We are well prepared for these measures, but it will still be challenging.

So, I'm going to do my best to give myself some grace. I doubt I'll get much writing done with everyone home – and that's okay.

I do hope to keep up with these weekly #WIPWednesday posts, even if I have no progress to report. For a while, the occasional graphic may be the only new content I have to share.

Hope you all are well and also giving yourself some grace.