09 October 2019

#WIPWednesday

I've been hoping that a couple of things I finished and submitted over the summer would be published soon to help fill in this gap while I am working on my bigger project and have had nothing new to share for weeks on end. The timing of those projects is out of my control, but I did follow up on them this week.

The anthology in which I will have a short story published does not yet have a release date, though the goal is still this month.

The essay I wrote on a deadline had the deadline pushed and then suspended. I'd already completed the essay and submitted it over the summer but it's been in holding since then.

The essay I submitted in May for an anthology is still pending, no update on the progress of that project.

So, while I have new works out there, I still had nothing new to share. We are halfway through the quarter and I've been getting nervous that I'll have nothing to put in my next newsletter.

So, I decide to publish a new poem, fitting of the season, just to have something to new to share this week.

I hope these projects fall into place over the next several weeks but, either way, I need to just keep working on my own project and not get too distracted worrying that I haven't written a new essay or queried for syndications.

If all goes well, this finished project will be accomplishment enough to share in my next newsletter.