20 March 2019

#WIPWednesday

I always strive to share my truths, but some are harder to share than others.

This week, I went into more detail than I ever had before about what it means when I say I am an "anxiety struggler." I actually started writing this piece in January, but I didn't feel comfortable with it, so it sat unfinished in my drafts folder for several weeks. I revisited it late last week and was able to finish it up at 1700 words and query it for publication in Invisible Illness, a Medium publication focused on mental health. I was excited when it was accepted an published there, but also apprehensive about sharing the piece. Still, I shared it. It was surprisingly well-received and I was comforted by how many reached out to say they could relate. This is exactly why I push myself to share. None of us are alone. It helps so much to know that.

I was on a writing-roll after I finished that piece and cranked out an unrelated 600 word essay early this week, as well! It has been queried to its first publication, but I have a list of possibilities for this one if the first passes on it.

One more update about my piece on P.S. I Love You, it has continued to perform well and has now become my highest earning piece of writing EVER – in any publication – in my whole writing career. That was pretty exciting.

Yesterday, I submitted another piece to InspireMore to consider for syndication. Also, as I mentioned last week, InspireMore held a contest for its Featured Creators and I just have to say THANK YOU! You all really came through for me – I went from zero to 134 hearts in just a few days! The winner will be announced later this morning. *fingers crossed*