13 February 2019

#WIPWednesday

Really feeling the love this week! I put out a request on my Facebook page asking for help in reaching my goal of 500 likes by my birthday and received so much support and such thoughtful comments! I am still a few short of my goal but knowing that those who are following my page are genuinely rooting for me is worth more than any number. Besides, it is not my birthday yet, I might still make it.

It was the perfect time for me to get such uplifting encouragement, too, since I also received quite a few rejections this week – three pieces were rejected for syndication by different sites and I received one more rejection on my children's book manuscript.

I just keep plugging along, though. I sent out one new query for my children's book and I submitted five new syndication queries, including one with a site I have not yet worked with.

I found that my last piece syndicated on The Mighty had been picked up by Yahoo! Lifestyle, which is a large audience. The Mighty shared the piece on one of their Facebook pages this week, as well.

I also wrote a new 600 word personal essay and pitched it to P.S. I Love You in a bid to be accepted as a contributor there. I was thrilled to have the piece published and curated by Medium on the Relationships page. The piece has already been picked up for syndication by The Good Men Project, TODAY Parents, and InspireMore.

InspireMore also syndicated one other piece of mine this week.

I made a couple more images this week –like the one for today's Facebook post, which I made after seeing a meme being shared with a typo and without attribution.

And I started drafting a fun introspective piece for my birthday. It is turning out a bit long (and link intensive) but this one can be whatever it is, since it will only be self-published.