22 January 2018

Branching Out

I still have all those book ideas tumbling around in my head. I still have not started writing a book. I did, however, decide to branch out with more freelance writing.

I took notice of the website, KidTripster, thanks to one of my online friends who has been a contributor of their's for over a year. I don't know why it didn't occur to me sooner to reach out to her. I already enjoy writing about our travels on my own blog – writing more in-depth reviews for a travel website is a perfect fit!

My friend recommended that I contact the editor. Having very little to show in the way of published work, I wrote up a sample piece in the style of the website and sent it off with an introduction. With my friend's good word and my sample work, I was accepted to be a contributor!

I will be looking for opportunities to write for them whenever we travel.