11 September 2019

#WIPWednesday

I hesitate to even share this because it seems like speaking of my projects is a death blow to my motivation to finish them. Believe me, I know how many projects I've started, excitedly announced, and then quietly all-but-abandoned (I have not actually abandoned any of my projects, I just haven't finished them.. yet).

Still, I found myself passionately engrossed in a new project this week. And it is one I feel hopeful I will see through to completion in a timely manner.

tumbling: poetic thoughts from an anxious mind will be a short collection of my poetry (and possibly some prose) centered on the theme of anxiety and mental health. Obviously, most of the writing is already completed in previous works of mine, both published and unpublished, so I've spent time this week working on layout and design.

Beyond working on this new project, I also completed a second round of edits for my short story set to be published in At Death's Door next month, submitted an essay for syndication consideration, and I made a few images for social media.

I also began to feel extremely disheartened at just how rampant and widespread plagiarism and improper crediting are on social media as I saw several examples this week of huge pages blatantly stealing words for their own use without mentioning the original creator OR crediting someone who had already stolen it from the original creator. Ugh.

If you like a meme, image, or story don't crop out the person who created it. If you want to use those words to make something of your own, you need to clearly credit the original creator. It isn't that hard. It should not be such a problem.