22 May 2019

#WIPWednesday

My anxiety, self doubt, and insecurities often tell me that I'm not good enough, that I'm doing it all wrong, that my attempts at furthering my writing career will be fruitless, that I am a fraud and have no business even dipping my quill in the same well as the "real" writers.

Thanks to all of all the work I've been doing to better my mental health, it is becoming much easier for me to recognize why these thoughts manifest and to push back against them.



Scary Mommy ran my first piece again, this week. That brought the social media reactions for that link to 100,370 (according to Muck Rack)! That same piece was syndicated on Her View From Home last month and received over 15,000 page views (5,507 social media reactions), earning me a bonus compensation and throwing this piece back up to my top-earning spot. It also had 5,431 social media reactions from its syndication on That's Inappropriate last year. My first piece is still, by far, my most widely read.

This week, I worked on a composite piece combining a Facebook post and a published poem into an essay which was syndicated on InspireMore.

I also finished the essay I mentioned last week and submitted it for consideration in a book. I likely won't hear back about that until later this summer.

I received a rejection for a poem I submitted back in February.

And I received an exciting acceptance this week which I am not yet at liberty to share publicly – but stay turned for that announcement!