09 January 2019

#WIPWednesday

The kids are back to school but I haven't quite yet settled back into my writing routine.

I'm not bothered by it (this is me practicing "the art of letting go"). I'd still like to get to the point where I am writing every weekday. I'm not managing it, so far, but I'm also not beating myself up over it.

So, no new words in the novel.

And my children's book manuscript received another silent rejection by not generating a response in the publishers stated time frame.

But, I did submit that new piece to SNAPSHOTS (the one I mentioned that I had prepped before the holidays and held for when I knew I wouldn't have much new). It was published on the 3rd.

I also submitted another piece to InspireMore for syndication and it was accepted and published on the 4th. My resolution piece was featured on their Instagram page this week, too (my first IG feature since I joined) and also featured in their monthly Creator Network newsletter, making it my best performing piece for them, so far.

On Monday, I was notified that the piece I submitted to The Mighty back in November has been accepted for syndication. It will be published soon.

And I wrote a new poem the other night. That felt good.