16 January 2019

#WIPWednesday

I finally got back to work on my novel this week!

I spent some time reacquainting myself with what I had written, so far. I am not being self-deprecating when I say it is an absolute mess– practically incoherent and unreadable. But it is exactly what it needs to be, right now. And I need to let it be a complete mess until I can get this rough draft finished. Once I've hashed out the characters and the world-building and the story lines into about 100,000 words, then I can start cleaning up the mess and shaping in into a readable first draft. As it stands now, I am 18,275 words in and eyeing the milestone of 20,000 as a possibility for next week.

I wrote a few more new poems this week, as well. Those, along with the new poem I mentioned writing last week, motivated me to research poetry publishers. I found an intriguing call for submissions and sent in two of my poems for consideration. It may be a couple months before I hear back.

I also drafted a new piece for InspireMore's January writing prompt contest for their featured creators.