12 December 2018

#WIPWednesday

Progress!

It isn't much, but I am delighted to have progress to show this week. The novel's word count is now up to 17,206.

My latest piece has continued to make the rounds. While it is still my third best performing piece (in terms of social media reactions), this is the first time since my very first essay in 2016 that I have felt this kind of excitement for a piece. It started on Medium, where it was featured in their Family section and received over 400 claps. Then, it was syndicated on Love What Matters. Then, it was picked up by TODAY Parents where it was shared on their facebook page two different times and the official TODAY Show page three different times and the Kathie Lee and Hoda page twice! Then, it was syndicated on InspireMore and, yesterday, it was featured in their email newsletter! The shelf-life of this holiday piece is just about up, but it has been a fun ride!

InspireMore was the site I mentioned last week which invited me to become a contributor. Besides featuring my latest piece, they also syndicated two other pieces of mine this week. I have really enjoyed working with them, so far.

I updated my blog to reflect the new collaboration. I also did a bit more updating of my online presence and decided that I should branch out and try something new as we head into 2019. More on that later.

I created another image for social media, as well. Those still do well for generating interaction and I enjoy putting them together.

No news on any of my other pending queries, for now.

While I'd like to continue to make progress on my novel, even if I accomplish nothing else for the rest of the year, I'd be quite happy with how I'm closing out 2018.