16 May 2018

That’s Inappropriate

Back in March, I was invited to a video conference call with some big names in the mom-writer world: Meredith of That’s Inappropriate and Meredith of Perfection Pending.

The night of the video conference call arrived, I installed the app, had everything all set up, ready to join.. and then my anxiety got the best of me.

*sigh*

Luckily, it was recorded and I was able to watch it that same night.

There were only a handful in the call, those invited were a select group they wanted to work with to launch a new venture.

I was shocked, honored, awe-struck and, to be honest, confused. How in the world did I get on any list with the rest of these writers?!? It had to be a mistake.

The other writers in the group had their own established mom blogs with followers in the thousands! At the time, I had only two parenting pieces published! I have no mom blog and I had less than 250 followers on all social media, combined!

It certainly felt like a mistake for me to be included in this group – but, I was beyond excited that I had been placed in such company! The two Merediths must see potential in me, to ask me to be a part of launching their new platform!

Meredith of That’s Inappropriate had decided to branch out and add a contributor platform to her already successful website; Meredith of Perfection Pending would be the editor. The new platform was set to launch on April 15th and I had a new, original piece scheduled for the 24th! Later, it was decided that my piece from 2016 would be syndicated, as well, and run on the 21st.

I was thrilled! And possibly in a bit of disbelief, seeing as how I haven’t shared this story until now.

Everything launched and my pieces were published according to plan. Yesterday, the new platform celebrated one month of being live and I was informed that my syndicated piece had the top pageviews of all the syndicated pieces in that first month!

I am so happy – and proud – to be a That’s Inappropriate contributor. Many thanks to Meredith and Meredith for including me in the group of writers who got it started!